The ABCs of Biotech for Christians - Sixth in a series - E is for EMW
What are the effects on human health of EMW exposure such as through computer use and cell phones? Scientific research has proven these:
- Changes in cell proliferation and cycle
- Changes in the blood-brain barrier that protects the brain from outside harmful chemicals and toxins
- Alteration in EEG brain waves
- DNA damage
- Calcium efflux which causes cell membrane weakening leading to allergies
- Decrease in eating and drinking, as exposure increases
- Provocation of immune system— making the immune system react
- Gender-related alterations on neural activity
- Decrease in working memory function; spatial memory deficit
- Reduced and irreversible fertility in women
- Decreased sperm count, motility, viability and normal morphology (related to the forms of living things) in men
In short, some aspects of society’s current health snapshot— increasing allergies, lots of people with memory loss illnesses or just memory problems, numerous instances of fertility problems, and many cancers especially of the brain — are probably in part related to cell phone use and other devices that increase radiation in the environment.
Even ELF (extremely low frequency) devices, when used continually, and continuous exposure to ELF radiation such as through WIFI, can damage the immune system and lead to all sorts of health problems over the long term.
Scientists have warned about these things. A Resolution was published in their journals in 2006 following an International Commission for Electromagnetic Safety conference, that stated:
1. More evidence has accumulated suggesting that there are adverse health effects from occupational and public exposures to electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields, or EMF, at current exposure levels. What is needed, but not yet realized, is a comprehensive, independent and transparent examination of the evidence pointing to this emerging, potential public health issue.
Has this advice been heeded? Are we seeing more research on the dangers of EMW in the environment because of cell phones, smart meters, WIFI, cell towers, and their proliferation in our communities, homes, schools, businesses and even churches?
On March 15, 2018, 237 EMF scientists from 41 nations signed an Appeal, calling on the United Nations and its sub-organizations to provide greater health protection from EMF exposure.
Yet, there is thrust toward even greater EMW in the environment. Smart meters are urged by energy companies yet emit 100 times greater radiation than cell phones, or more. The IoT or Internet of Things such as watches, glasses and clothing that connect one to the internet, and the plan to have 5G cell networks with more towers for better coverage —no dropped calls, faster download speeds, large data broadcasting— mean that we are in for more EMW. Children are at greater risk because their bodies and nervous systems are developing and not strong, and parents have the very hard job of trying to protect them.
Biotech will be busy looking for ways to prevent allergies, infertility and Alzheimers, and the researchers must use the very devices that are causing the difficulties.
In all this, Biotech’s biggest role may be simply to sound the alarm, leading to political action for environmental protection for humans and all living things.